This sweet recipe for spiced up hot chocolateis perfect for when you return from chilly trick-or-treating.
INGREDIENTS SERVES 4
1 cinnamon stick
4 cardamom pods
200ml double cream
1 litre semi-skimmed milk
grated chocolate or cocoa to decorate
150g plain chocolate
Break the plain chocolate into pieces. Bruise the cardamom pods.
1 Heat the milk, half the cream and the spices in a saucepan until almost boiling.
2 Set aside to infuse for 20 minutes, then strain the liquid into a clean pan.
3 Add the chocolate pieces to the pan and whisk over a medium heat, until melted.
4 Remove from the heat and pour into 4 heatproof glasses.
5 Softly whip the remaining cream and spoon over.
6 Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve immediately.
On Halloween, lots of you will be heading out on the streets to trick or treat. We've put together some tips to help you enjoy trick or treating, while staying safe.
- Make sure a responsible adult or guardian goes with you - it could be an older brother or sister if they're over 16.
- Plan your route before you leave the house and make sure someone else knows where you are going.
- Carry a torch and wear reflective or light-coloured clothing so you can be seen. Perhaps incorporate this into your spooky costume?
- Stay close to home and if possible only visit the houses of people you know.
- NEVER enter a stranger's home.
- Stay on pavements and check carefully before crossing a road - especially if there's a large group of you.
- Throw away any treats or sweets that have been opened or unwrapped.
- If you are wearing a mask, make sure that you can see clearly out of it.
- Make sure your costume is warm - it is almost November!
A no-sew costume any parent can make! Piece together this fun Frankenstein costume with a few craft store items for an easy, no-sew Halloween get-up.
Cut a piece of green felt long enough to wrap around your child's head and 12 to 16 inches wide. Fold in half lengthwise so the hat is 6 to 8 inches tall; glue sides together to form a cylinder. Cut two more pieces of green felt about 6 inches wide and 8 inches long to create the neckpiece. Glue one strip to each side of the hat on the inside; glue silver spools in the middle of each piece for neck bolts (you'll tuck the ends inside his shirt or jacket). Cut a "scar" out of red felt, and glue to the hat. Place faux fur across the top and glue in place around edges. Trim to desired style.
Get an old pair of joggers and cut jagged edges at the bottom. Top with T-shirt and jacket.